Pie Pastry Gluten Free

In Canada we call today 
Remembrance Day 
and it is a day to remember with thankfulness the freedom we enjoy
May we never take it for granted!  



I have used the same gf pie pastry recipe for years and it is good but since I have been reworking my recipes to use my Julie's Flour Blend I came up with this pastry recipe.  The dough  handles very well and the pastry is light, flaky with good flavour.
My photos show a cherry pie  and I  also used the same pastry for Judy's quiche-tarts ... very good !

So here is an alternate pastry recipe if you want/need one!
  • 11/2 cups Julie's Flour Mix 
  • 1/2 cup potato starch 
  • 1/2 tsp xanthan gum 
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter 
  • !/2 cup tenderflake lard 
  • 1 egg + ice water to make 1/2 cup 
  • 1 tsp vinegar 
  • sweet rice flour for rolling
1. Mix dry ingredients together, then cut in lard and butter 
2. Blend egg and ice-water and vinegar 
3. Add liquid to dry ingredients and toss lightly until ball forms. 
4. Knead lightly on counter dusted with sweet rice flour. 
5. Roll out as required. 





Share
 
Copyright © 2015 Food Republic Blog
Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Design By Herdiansyah Hamzah