Lime Cottage Cheese Salad


This salad has to be tasted before one realizes it is one of those unexpectedly delightful flavor mixes. Who would think of mixing cottage cheese with lime jello?
My sister-in-law, a good forty-some years ago served this salad when we were at her house.
To be polite, I took a small spoonful - but to my surprise I LOVED it !  Of course I asked her for the recipe and it has, over the years, continued to be my favorite jello salad.


  • 2 pkgs -  3 oz. lime jello 
  • 2 cups hot water
  • 1 cup cream - whipped 
  • 1/2 cup salad dressing - Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip 
  • 3/4 cup celery, chopped fine
  • 1/4 cup onions, chopped fine 
  • 12 oz. or 1 1/2 cups of creamed cottage cheese 
  1. Dissolve jello in hot water and let partially set, then whip jello 
  2. Stir in remaining ingredients and let set in fridge. 
Share
 
Copyright © 2015 Food Republic Blog
Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Design By Herdiansyah Hamzah